All types of visas for all nationalities are now obtainable on arrival at Nouakchott airport and at the border.
Please make sure that you comply with the following requirements:
• Passport must be valid for six months beyond exit date and contain six blank visa pages.
• Invitation letter for business travellers.
• Hotel booking and or letter from Mauritanian host.
Mauritania tourist visa for citizens of Ireland is issued on arrival for stay up to 90 days
The Embassy of Mauritania does not accept applications for this type of visa from citizens of Ireland. The good news is that the visa is issued on arrival.Sounds good!
What else do I need to know while planning a trip to Mauritania?
- First, check the current validity of your passport.
All travelers will need a passport valid for at least 90 days following your departure date from Mauritania. However, we strongly recommend traveling with 6 months validity on your passport at all times.
- Second, make sure your passport has blank Visa pages.
Most destinations, including Mauritania, require that you have adequate un-used pages in your passport, allowing for any necessary stamps upon arrival and departure. We recommend that you have at least two free pages in Visa section of your passport before any international travel.
- Finally, confirm if transit visa is required for any connections.
Check with your airline in case you have connecting flights overseas as part of your journey to Mauritania. It may be the case that countries you pass through en route to your destination may require a separate transit visa. Please refer to visa requirements of the specific country.