and send the following documents to VisaHQ:
China visa application form. For online orders, please download, print and sign China visa application, prepared by our system under your account.
Original, signed Ireland passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity.
One (1) photo must be 33mm wide and 48mm tall. Please see photo guidelines here
Employment Letter. An original letter from your employer/school (on business letterhead, with contact details), stating that a leave of absence has been granted and that you will be returning to your current job. The Employment Letter must be addressed to China High Commission If you are self-employed, include a copy of your business license and tax return. If you are retired please submit proof of your retirement fund.
Hotel Reservations. Copy of confirmed hotel reservations including name of the applicant, name and address of the hotel, duration of stay.
Multiple Entry Letter. If multiple entries are desired, a detailed letter explaining precisely why the multiple entry visa is necessary. The decision to grant or deny the Multiple entry visa to China lays entirely with the China Embassy.
Personal Invitation. If visiting friends or family, you must provide letter of invitation from the host in China. The letter should be addressed to "The Chinese Embassy in Dublin", and signed by the host. The personal invitation must adhere to the following guidelines:
• Applicant's FULL NAME, gender, date of birth and passport number
• Purpose of the visit to China
• Intended entry and exit dates to China
• Intended destination(s) in China
• Relationship with the host
• Source of financial for the trip
• Host's FULL NAME, address, contact details
You will also need to provide proof of the host's status in China. If they are a citizen of China, copy (both front and back side) of their CHINESE NATIONAL ID (Shen Fen Zheng), or, if they are not a citizen of China, copies of their Chinese residence permit and their national passport's information pages.
Passport information pages. A copy of passport information pages
Please note that anyone who has never had a Chinese visa CANNOT apply for a multiple entry visa for their first Chinese visa under any circumstances.
Additional required documents for minors
• Application form. The application form must be signed by both parents.
• Birth certificate. A copy of the applicant's birth certificate.
• Parents' passport copies. A copy of the information pages of both parents' signed passports.
When applying for a child with Chinese parents, the applicant must also provide proof of parents' status in Ireland.
Additional requirements for applicants born in China, Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwan
• Chinese name. The applicant's name written in Chinese characters.
• Proof of name change. If the applicant's name has changed since birth, please provide a copy of the court order or marriage certificate showing the name change.
• Previous visa. Copy of a previously issued Chinese visa or copy of the information page from your Chinese, Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwanese passport. Note: If your old passport has not been cancelled, you will be required to submit the original passport with your application.
Persons with Occupation Related to Media
If you are a media professional or employed by a media company, even if you are not travelling for business purposes, please print and sign a declaration form that states you will not be conducting any media related activities. The form can be found here
. If you are to engage in any journalism-related activities, please apply for a Journalist Visa.